According to Hindu Mythology, auspicious yatra of Chardham should be undertaken from west to east in clockwise direction. This means Yatra start from Yamunotri, then proceeding to Gangotri Temple, Kedarnath Temple and terminates at Badrinath Temple. CharDham Yatra is the most popular spiritual yatra starting from April-May and continues till Oct-Nov every year in Uttarakhand, India. Now Uttarakhand is also trying to promote Winter CharDham Yatra, which will include Kharsali, Mukhba, Ukhimath and Joshimath.
Location of CharDham temples
- Yamunotri Temple : Yamunotri Temple is located 223 kms from Rishikesh.
- Gangotri Temple : Gangotri Temple is located 105 kms from the town of Uttarkashi.
- Kedarnath Temple Kedarnath Temple is located 223 kms from Rishikesh.
- Badrinath Temple : Badrinath Temple is located 298 kms from Rishikesh and 48 km from Joshimath
|Char Dham Yatra Route Map from Haridwar|
Char Dham Road Route (Driving) from Delhi NCR
- Delhi to Haridwar – 210 km (6 hours)
- Haridwar to Barkot – 220 km (7 hours)
- Barkot to Yamunotri – 36 km (drive) + 7 kms by trek
- Barkot to Uttarkashi – 100 km (4 hours)
- Uttarkashi to Gangotri – 100 km (4 hours)
- Uttarkashi to Rudraprayag – 180 km (7-8 hours)
- Rudraprayag to Kedarnath – 74 kms (drive) + 20 kms trek* (new route)
- Rudraprayag to Badrinath – 160 km (6-7 hours)
- Badrinath to Rishikesh – 297 kms (10-11 hours)
- Rishikesh to Delhi – 230 km (6 hours)